City of London Sinfonia (CLS) is inviting applications for the position of Development Officer (Trusts and Foundations). The Development Officer will lead on research and creating outstanding applications and cases for support from charitable trusts and foundations and statutory investors. Supported by the Philanthropy and Enterprise Manager, they will nurture relationships with these organisations, including identifying relationships that CLS's board of trustees and other senior ambassadors have with trusts and foundations.
We are seeking an individual who shares our passion for sharing live music with people of all ages and backgrounds with outstanding research and writing skills, and at least a year's experience in a cultural fundraising environment. Of equal importance is appointing an individual with a creative mind, who will approach these organisations with a view to creating long-term, innovative partnerships.
The Development Officer will take a leading role in ensuring that we continue to attract growing levels of philanthropic investment for our successful and forward-thinking artistic programme.
We are seeking a driven and imaginative individual who will:
• research and identify a wide range of charitable and statutory income sources;
• create outstanding applications and cases for support across a wide range of artistic projects;
• analyse our current networks and suggest potential introductions to board members and other senior ambassadors.
The successful candidate will be someone who embraces and thrives in a supportive and collaborative team environment. We encourage all members of the organisation - the executive team, our governance team, our artistic leaders, and our players - to contribute creative ideas.
In particular the Development Officer will be encouraged to work with colleagues leading our Meet the Music programme to develop projects and initiatives that will attract long-term, sustainable funding partnerships.
• A passion for classical music and an interest in a wide range of art forms
• At least one year's experience and success in a development role in the cultural sector
• Outstanding research and written communications skills, including editing and proof-reading
• A team player who enjoys creating and developing ideas in an open and energetic environment
• The ability to empathise with potential supporters and respond with solutions that reflect their vision and objectives
• A flexible attitude to work, particularly in the lead up to and at major projects
• Excellent organisational and project management skills and an attention to detail
• Computer literacy on Microsoft applications
• Educated to degree level, preferably from a leading university or specialist institution
How to apply:
Please send a CV (no more than two pages) and covering letter (no more than one page) to Nancy Hitzig, Philanthropy and Enterprise Manager, outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with the following wording in the subject field: DEVELOPMENT OFFICER APPLICATION
For more information please consult / download the Development Officer Information Pack .
Closing date for applications is June 24 at 17.00.
This position is a full-time role with a salary of £23,000 to £27,000 depending on experience.
The post-holder will be expected to work at the Orchestra's events and projects at evenings and weekends, attend all of the Orchestra's own promoted events, and Board meetings.
City of London Sinfonia is an equal opportunities employer. More information can be found at http://www.cityoflondonsinfonia.co.uk/user_files/pdfs/EqualOppspolicyrevDec08.pdf